i’m leaving to new york tomorrow for my brother’s college graduation! no grocery shopping for me, and plenty of stuff in the fridge to work with. and get excited for some posts about some awesome new york restaurants!!
i used my leftover chicken, some frozen shrimp i had, and the rest of that damn cream cheese and threw this together.
apologies for lack of pictures through the steps, but this was so ridiculously fast and easy i forgot!
this is lower in fat than a lot of alfredo sauces, low fat cream cheese, non fat milk, olive oil instead of butter, and probably half the parmesan in other recipes. it could be healthier, but it’s without a lot of milk and cream, so it’s actually light and perfectly filling!
chicken and shrimp alfredo
prep time: 10 min | total time: 25 min | serves: 4-5
what you need:
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 package of non or lowfat cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb spinach
- 1/2 bag of frozen shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package pasta of your choice
- salt, pepper, red pepper to taste
get it done:
- defrost your shrimp, or whatever you choose to put in it
- heat olive oil in a large skillet to start cooking your desired meats
- cook pasta until al dente, drain – do not rinse!
- add spinach and garlic to chicken and cook until spinach is wilted
- add milk and cream cheese and bring to a boil on medium heat – cook until cream cheese is melted and sauce is creamy
- add parmesan and melt into sauce, add shrimp last minute as to not to overcook
- add pasta and let it simmer for about 3 minutes on low while tossing
- serve hot!