i know it sounds weird. but i got tired of the same old breading and needed to mix things up. i made it a little spicy and the oats have great texture and flavor. i combined it with greek yogurt to give it the texture and it binds well. still used some breadcrumbs, but if you like those just mix up the ratio!
it’s a healthy, super easy meal done in 30 minutes or less.
plus, i always have frozen tilapia in the freezer – and this is one of my new favorite recipes for it.
perfect for a long monday after work and NATO protestors taking over your city.
baked oatmeal-crusted tilapia
adapted from kohler created.
prep time: 10 min | total time: 25 min | serves: 2-3
what you need:
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2-3 tbsp. nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
get it done:
- heat oven to 350F
- rinse fish and pat dry. place them on a lined baking tray.
- mix together oats, bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings.
- coat the fillets with yogurt (other recipe called for mayo, so you can use that if you prefer) and squeeze half a lemon across the coated fillets.
- cover with the mixture across the tops evenly.
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes when forked.
- serve over pasta or veggies! or both photo is with linguine tossed with olive oil and lemon, and some greens.