memorial day weekend guys!! it’s almost here.
so i’m sure you’re looking for recipes for potlucks and barbecues, and since it FINALLY started getting warm in chicago…i’ll be sure to post more warm-weather dishes.
deviled eggs are easy, and almost everyone loves them – so double or triple this recipe so people can come back for seconds! the best thing about making deviled eggs are the toppings – you can throw on some bacon, scallions, crab meat, wtfever you want.
for your next grill-out or potluck, try these eggs, or a few other goodies i’ve posted:
time: 25 min | serves: 5-6
what you need:
- a dozen eggs
- 1/3 cup light mayo or nonfat greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- paprika, and any other toppings you desire
get it done:
- boil eggs & peel
- tips: single layer in a saucepan works best – in water 1 inch above eggs – over med-high heat
- add a pinch of salt to keep shells from cracking
- let stand for 15 minutes after boiling – and run cold water over or place in ice water before you remove shells
- see more cooking tips!
- slice the eggs in half and remove the yolks – place the yolks in a medium bowl and set the white halves aside
- mash the yolks and add mayo or yogurt and mustard, mix together
- spoon into each egg evenly – if you’re wanting to add crab, crawfish, or something – it would be here, evenly across all eggs
- cover, refrigerate until serving time
- top with paprika, bacon, whatever before serving
let me know if you guys have any great summer recipes to try!