well here’s quite a decadent recipe, but it’s easy to make if you’ve made homemade mac before.
i’m not saying this one’s good for you, but here’s an indulgence.
lobster mac & cheese
prep time: 15 min | total time: 75 min | serves: 4-6
what you need:
- box of macaroni (or whatever pasta you prefer)
- 1 qt of milk
- vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 12 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
- 8 oz sharp-Cheddar, grated
- 2-3 lobster tails, meat removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- salt, pepper, red pepper, cayenne, paprika
get it done:
- heat oven to 375°F. spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- meanwhile, cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- heat the milk in a small saucepan, but don’t boil it. (warm milk will quicken the cooking process)
- in a large pot, melt the butter and garlic, and add flour. cook on low for 2 minutes while stirring.
- add the hot milk and cook for another minute or so until thickened and smooth
- take off the heat and add the cheese and seasonings – stir in the cheeses a handful at a time and combine well each time before adding more
- add the cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well
- fill the casserole dish evenly
- sprinkle bread crumbs on top and bake for 30-35 minutes until sauce is bubbly and top is browned
- let it rest for 10 minutes or so before serving. enjoy!