trying to throw some pork in the mix, so here we go.
a warm and hearty recipe, tender pork, and lots of veggies. sweet potato and apple give it some unique flavor, and it was a hit at mi casa.
quite healthy and tasty! perfect for a cold night in.
prep time: 20 min | total time: 45 min | serves: 4-5
what you need:
- 2 lb pork loin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3-5 tbsp flour
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lg sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 10 oz cranberry juice
- olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, sage, and nutmeg
get it done:
- season pork with salt and pepper and toss with flour.
- in a pot, heat olive oil over med-high heat.
- add half of the pork and brown on all sides (only takes a few minutes) – remove and repeat with remaining pork.
- remove the pork and let it rest.
- in the same pot, add olive oil and cook the onion & celery about 5 minutes or until tender.
- add garlic and a bit of flour and stir.
- slowly stir in the broth, juice, and water.
- add pork back in, along with sweet potatoes, cayenne and sage. bring it to a simmer.
- reduce the heat and cook for about 20 min or until the potatoes and pork are tender.
- season to taste, and top with nutmeg to serve.